Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin is one of the most fun attractions in Disney World. You’re literally in the middle of a giant arcade game, shooting lasers and racking up points as you head to the ultimate showdown with the evil emperor Zurg. You ride in XP-37 Space Cruisers designed to seat two, which glide along an “Omnimover” and rotate a full 360° (the car’s ability to swivel and spin is controlled by the riders.)
Guests will have to transfer out of their wheelchairs for this ride.
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Tips!
* Aim for the center of the “Z’s”.
* The targets that are further away and those that are moving are worth more points.
* Hit the top of the volcano for 100,000 points.
* After passing the “Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots,” pivot your car around and see if you can hit the target on the back of the robot’s wrist for 100,000 points.
* Look for the spider after the robots and see if you can shoot it.
* In the room where the targets are projected, don’t stop shooting.
* Try hitting the batteries in the front to knock them down and rack up points.